I’ve been wanting to share this recipe with you since last week, when I made these super duper delicious pumpkin muffins! THEY ARE SO YUMMY! Really. I’ve been perfecting this recipe over the course of a week, which means I’ve been baking a dozen muffins every two days — and someone had to eat them, too, right? (And that was me, yay!)
This recipe is my third experiment and I am very proud to present to you these vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free muffins made from pumpkin, banana, oats, almonds and a good pinch of sweet spices. I am a fan of the ‘heavy’ kind of muffins, i.e. moist, a little sticky and naturally sweet — and these muffins have it all. Haha! Enough self-praise. Go bake a batch of these yummy treats and taste 'm yourself ;)
SWEET & MOIST PUMPKIN MUFFINS (makes about 12)
A high-speed blender or a food processor
A muffin tin (for about 12 muffins)
- 2 cups oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup date syrup or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 pecan nuts, for decorating
- If you're using a food processor: grind oats into flour with your food processor first. Then add in other ingredients except for pecan nuts and process until you have a smooth batter.
- If you're using a high-speed blender, just throw in all ingredients (wet first, dry last) except for pecan nuts and blend until smooth. If you have a Vitamix, use the tamper to make sure the blades don't go in overdrive.
- Fill muffin tin with paper muffin cups and spoon the batter into the cups. Leave about 1/2cm space for the batter to rise.
- Finish with a pecan nut on top and bake at 180° C for about 25 minutes.
Now you can eat vegetables for dessert, too! ;)
Like banana cake? Check out this recipe for vegan banana bread w/ coconut yoghurt.