red bell pepper guacamole boats
One thing many people ask me when I tell them I eat a whole foods plant-based diet, is ‘but where do you find time to make everything from scratch?’
Well, to be honest, I often do find myself spending a lot of time in the kitchen. But that's because I like to take my time to prepare a variety of different foods. However, most meals can be made under one hour, and if you prepare some things in advance, sometimes even under 10 minutes!
Today I want to share with you a quick and easy recipe for an afternoon snack that you can make in as little as 5 minutes. It is raw, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free, dairy-free and made from whole foods so it is a real healthy treat. The sweet, crunchy bell pepper goes so well with the soft, savoury guacamole…
So delicious and easy to make, too!
RED BELL PEPPER GUACAMOLE BOATS
A fork and a small bowl.
- 1 small red bell pepper or sweet pointed pepper
- 2 small avocado’s or 1 big avocado
- thumb-size piece of red onion, cut into little pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp of cumin, 1/4 tsp of black pepper, salt, pinch of cayenne
- Cut the stem and the first centimeter of flesh off the bell pepper. Throw away the stem and the seeds, but keep the 1 cm piece of flesh. Cut it into really small pieces and throw in a little bowl.
- Cut the rest of the bell pepper lengthwise, in two.
- Now make your guacamole: mash the avocado flesh with a fork and add onion, lemon juice and spices. Mix well.
- Fill bell pepper with guacamole — and enjoy!
Looking for more quick and easy snack ideas? Check out these raw vegan nori rolls w/ sunflower seed paté.