creamy red lentil carrot quinoa soup
Another healthy 'fast food' recipe for you: a creamy red lentil carrot quinoa soup that is rich in plant protein and fiber.
This is one of my current favourite quick lunch recipes, cause it's so easy to make and ready in no time. I often make one big pot of soup, providing myself with a healthy lunch for four days. Just a couple of crackers and veggie spread along the side et voilà — a filling lunch that will keep you going until dinnertime!
This soup also contains a whole lot of herbs and spices that give it a distinct flavour. This tasty soup will definitely keep you warm and fulfilled on any grey winter day!
CREAMY RED LENTIL CARROT QUINOA SOUP
- 1 cup of quinoa, soaked for 4h, then drained and rinsed
- 1 cup of red lentils, soaked for 3h, then drained and rinsed
- 5 carrots, cut in pieces
- 2 onions, cut in pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2,5 tsp of raw sea salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 2 tbsp green curry paste, 1 tsp curcuma, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/2 tsp fenugreek, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp paprika
- fresh coriander
- Soak the quinoa and red lentils in separate bowls for about 4 hours. Rinse after soaking. You can now either make the soup immediately, or sprout the quinoa first (i.e. leave in a bowl for up to 24 hours and rinse and drain every 5 hours or so).
- Heat some coconut oil in a pot, add carrots, onion and garlic and fry for about 5 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Now add about 1,5 liter of water. Add the quinoa and lentils and bring to a simmer. Turn the heat of as soon as the water starts to boil and leave it for a while so everything can soak a little in the warm water.
- After about 20 to 30 minutes, have a look in the pot. It is possible that the quinoa and lentils have soaked up much of the water. You can now add as much water as you like — more water will make the soup thinner, less water will leave the soup thick and creamy.
- Add salt, pepper, curry paste and other spices except for the fresh coriander. Blend it all.
- Serve with fresh coriander and enjoy with presence.