spicy hot chocolate
Ooooh I'm excited about this one!
It's an easy-to-make, healthy & delicious recipe — just how I like things to be in my kitchen.
Also, it involves chocolate... Need I say more?
LET'S GET DOWN TO CACAO BUSINESS.
spicy hot chocolate (for 1)
A high-speed blender and a small saucepan.
- 1 tbsp cacao
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1 cardamom pod, peel removed (or 1/4 tsp cardemom powder)
- 1 seeds of vanilla pod (or 1/4 tsp pure vanilla powder)
- 1/2 cm piece of fresh chili (or 1/6 tsp chili flakes)
- 2 mm piece of fresh ginger (or 1/4 tsp ginger powder)
- 1/6 tsp raw sea salt (do not omit!)
- 1 cup spring water
- 2 tbsp cashews (soaked for 30 min in lukewarm water, then drained and rinsed)
- 1/2 tsp cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 tbsp raw honey or maple syrup
Throw it all in your blender and blend at high speed for about 20-30 seconds, until silky smooth. Heat in a small saucepan, stirring regularly, for about 2 minutes, until hot but not boiling.