Pecan Banana Bread (Vegan, Gluten-Free, Sugar-Free)
Oooh yesss. If you like banana bread as much as I do, this recipe is for you.
It's vegan, it's gluten-free, and it's naturally sweetened with bananas and just three dates.
What's not to like about such a healthy treat?
pecan banana bread
A blender, a hand blender (if necessary) and a rectangular baking mould.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3 medjool dates
- 3 tbsp flax seeds + 9 tbsp water
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup oat flour (simply blend 1/2 cup of oats into flour with your blender)
- pinch of raw sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 20 pecans
- 2 tbsp raisins
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Blend your oats into flour and set aside.
- Mix flax seeds with water and blend until a gel-like consistency is formed and set aside. Note: you may want to use a hand blender for this. If the blades of your usual blender are above the flax-and-water level so that the mixture can't be blended properly, use a hand blender.
- Blend bananas and dates. This will work best with a high-speed blender.
- Now pour everything together in a bowl: oat flour, flax gel, banana-date puree, as well as almond flour, raw sea salt, cinnamon and baking soda. Mix it all together.
- Chop pecans and add to the mixture together with the raisins.
- Pour into a rectangular baking mould. You can add some extra pecans on top for decoration.
- Bake at 180°C for about 35 minutes.
Now I'm super curious to hear how you like this recipe. Let me know what you think!
Do you have a sweet tooth like me? Check out my other delicious dessert recipes here.