creamy raw tomato soup
YEP. My first recipe. Raw soups are my favourite go-to dish when I don't have a lot of time, but do want to get some veg in.
Since long I've been a huge fan of cold soups. Think gazpacho... The ultimate summer dish! Because summer has almost come to an end, I wanted to share my favourite raw tomato soup recipe with you before it gets too cold outside.
This soup is an easy raw food beginner's recipe for which you don't need any fancy kitchen equipment.
Just look at that picture... This soup is loaded with vitamins, minerals and healthy fats! I hope you'll like it as much as I do.
CREAMY RAW TOMATO SOUP (serves 2-3)
A hand mixer or blender
- 8-9 tomatoes
- 6 sweet peppers (also 'bell pepper' or 'capsicum'), I used 3 yellow and 3 red
- 1/8 red onion or 1 shallot
- 1 tsp sea salt*
- 1 small avocado
- 1 tbsp chickpea flour (optional)
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar (more to taste)
- 1 handful of fresh basil, cut
- olive oil, freshly cracked pepper and fresh herbs (I used basil and parsley sprouts) for garnish
- Cut tomatoes, sweet peppers and onion and blend until smooth. You can leave in some chunks if you like. Stir in the sea salt.
- Scoop out the avocado and add to the mixture. Add chickpea flour. Add apple cider vinegar. Blend again.
- Taste your soup. Add more salt and/ or apple cider vinegar to taste. More salt will bring out the flavour, more vinegar will add some zing.
- If you're happy with the taste, stir in the cut fresh basil. Your soup is ready. Chill in the fridge.
- Before serving, top your soup with freshly cracked pepper, a little swing of olive oil and fresh herbs and/ or sprouts on top.
* Note on salt: always use fresh, organic, any non-white salt. I always use grey celtic sea salt or pink himalayan salt. White salt has been heated and treated, turning the salt TOXIC instead of nutritious. Don't ever use white table salt!
Want more quick & easy raw vegan recipes? Check out this 5-minute snack recipe for bell pepper guacamole boats.