vegan chocolate cheesecake
I have to share this with you NOW — a recipe for the best vegan chocolate cheesecake I tasted in, like, ever, made from a couple of simple and affordable ingredients you can find in any supermarket.
Treat yourself today!
VEGAN CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
A blender, food processor, baking paper and a round baking mould.
For the pie crust
- 1 cup hazelnuts/ almonds/ cashews (I used a mixture of about 1/2 hazelnuts and 1/2 almonds + cashews)
- 3 large medjool dates (or 5-6 smaller dates)
- 2 tablespoons raisins, soaked for 20 minutes
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon raw cacao powder
- 3 tablespoons virgin coconut oil, melted
For the chocolate cheese layer
- 400g silken tofu
- 200g dark chocolate
- optional: a splash of maple syrup (or coconut blossom nectar/ coconut sugar/ date syrup/ any other sweetener you like, to taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- a shot of rum (also optional)
- Make the pie crust: in a food processor, blend the nuts, dates, raisins, sea salt, cacao powder and coconut oil until you achieve a crunchy texture. Cover the bottom of a round baking mould with baking paper and pour the mixture into the mould. Press firmly with your hands so the bottom of the tin is covered. Put into the fridge while you make the rest of the cheesecake.
- Make chocolate cheese layer: heat the dark chocolate au bain-marie until all chocolate has melted. Put silken tofu in your blender, add melted chocolate and vanilla extract and blend until smooth. Taste it. If you like more sweetness, add some maple syrup/ any other sweetener you like. Pour this mixture over your pie crust, put the finished pie back in the fridge and let set for about 3 hours. Then eat it. You’re in heaven.
Like chocolate? Try this healthy raw vegan chocolate mousse. I'm sure you'll love it.