sweet potato salad w/ green spinach cream
As the days are getting shorter, darker and colder, I like to add some more warmth and colour to my life, starting on my plate. Two weeks ago I came up with this super-simple recipe for a healthy, colourful and warming lunch. It takes only 10 minutes to prepare! Who said eating healthy takes too much time?
Here's my current favourite quick lunch recipe, all prepared with seasonal, organic and fresh ingredients that will alkalize your body. Ideal autumn food!
SWEET POTATO SALAD w/ GREEN SPINACH CREAM (serves 1)
A blender and a food steamer
- 1 sweet potato
- 1 fresh tomato
- 1 cup of spinach, tightly packed
- 1/3 cup pepitas, 1/3 cup sunflower seeds, 1/3 cup cashews, 1/3 cup walnuts, all soaked for about two hours
- 2 small cloves of garlic (or one big clove)
- 1 sjalot or 1 small piece of onion
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1/3 teaspoon of nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne
- salt and pepper to taste
- water, if needed
- Peel sweet potato, cut into cubes and steam for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Blend together all other ingredients (except for the tomato) until you get a creamy green sauce. Make sure to add enough salt to get the cheesy flavour. Add some water if you like a creamier sauce consistency.
- Cut the tomato into cubes and assemble your salad: fill a plate with the steamed sweet potato, place the tomato cubes around, poor the green spinach cream over the steamed sweet potato cubes and top everything with some freshly cracked black pepper.
Did you like this recipe? Maybe you'll also like this quick and easy, creamy raw vegan tomato soup.